- 1 small onion, chopped.
- 1 package of mushrooms, sliced.
- 1 cup of broccoli flowerets, sliced.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 1 bag of frozen vegan Boca ground crumbles, or another brand.
- Sautee onion, shrooms, & broccoli in olive oil, on medium heat, for about 5 minutes until tender.
- Add the ground crumbles & stir. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the crumbles have thawed & are warm.
- 2 teaspoons onion powder & chili powder.
- 1 teaspoon each ground cumin, garlic powder, & paprika.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- Combine seasonings together in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle seasoning onto veggie & crumble mixture, stir until combined.
- Four Large bell peppers, your choice of color.
- Cut peppers lengthwise near the top & clean out seeds & membranes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees & place peppers in a glass oven-safe dish.
- Scoop veggie & crumble mixture into each pepper.
- Bake for 1 hour or until peppers are soft & just getting brown around the edges.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons diced onion.
- 1&1/2 cups rice.
- 2&1/2 cups no-chicken broth.
- 1 cup plain tomato sauce or unseasoned stewed tomatoes that have been blended.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- In a medium sauce pan, sautÃ© the diced onions in olive oil on medium heat for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the dry rice & cook for about 6 minutes until the rice becomes golden brown.
- Slowly, add the broth & tomato sauce to the rice, then stir in the garlic powder. Bring to a boil. After that begins to boil, turn the heat to low & cover. Let simmer for 20 minutes then fluff with a fork.
Plate the rice and stuffed peppers together, adding freshly sliced avocado to the side if you wish!