- 4 cups whole, raw cashews, rinsed.
- Place cashews in a bowl, cover with cold water, & soak in the fridge over night.
- After they soak, drain the cashews & rinse under cold water.
- Place half of the cashews in a blender, cover with water by an inch, & puree until smooth. Use a fine strainer if needed to remove any coarse bits. Repeat with the other half of the cashews.
- 4 pieces of Kombu seaweed & 2 quarts water.
- Simmer Kombu with water in a medium size pot & cook for 40 mins. Strain or remove the Kombu from the broth.
- 1 cup diced King Trumpet mushrooms.
- Liquid Smoke.
- Saute the shrooms & a few dashes of Liquid Smoke in a pan, until tender.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 1 cup diced white or yellow onion.
- 1 cup peeled & diced white potatoes.
- 1&1/2 cups of the Kombu broth.
- The cashew cream.
- The smoked shrooms.
- 1 yeaspoon lemon juice.
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce.
- 2 teaspoons salt.
- 2 teaspoons pepper.
- Heat the oil in a soup pot on medium-high heat. Add the onion & potato, stir frequently, cook 10 minutes.
- Add the Kombu broth, cashew cream, & smoked shrooms. Cook on low heat, stir frequently, for 15 minutes. Add water as needed to thin the soup while cooking.
- Season with lemon juice, hot sauce, salt, & pepper.